Tuesday 26 August 2014

Wivanny

This one isn't really too long, as such, but I felt it deserved a better archiving than Facebook has to offer...

I was listening to a pod-cast of the Dave Gorman Show and a listener had written into the show with a story I feel I must share. 

This listener's dad was a claims investigator for an insurance company. At some point he had to go to a woman's house to discuss her accident. The woman introduced herself as (and I'm doing this phonetically )"Wivanny". 

He commented that Wivanny was an unusual name, and asked where it came from, Wivanny explained that while her mum was pregnant, she had read a novel, and that Wivanny had been the name of the heroin. 

When he came to write her details, he asked how "Wivanny" was spelled, and she replied...
(highlight to read)
"Y.V.O.N.N.E. "

Best. Story. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment